By using this deltadevelopment.eu, I will agree with the usage of cookies.
Agree
    **
Abc Square

Two firsts for Delta Development Group en VolkerWessels Logistics Development

Abc Square

By the sinking of the first pile on April 9th 2019, Delta and their partner VolkerWessels Logistics Development celebrated the beginning of the first construction on the 350 acre site of Schiphol Trade Park. With this circular logistics project, Abc Square, they have set the standard for this sustainable area development. And that is not the only achievement: the design has been granted the very first VBI Greenscore Certificate issued in The Netherlands.

 

Abc Square is built according to the circular Cradle to Cradle philosophy. At the first plot, 37,000 m2 of high quality logistic buildings, offices and mixed use spaces will be developed. On the west side, the large warehouses for production, storage and logistics are located. On the east side, the offices will be built with attractive façades with a view towards Airborne Avenue. Today, this is still a sandy area but by the delivery of Abc Square at the end of 2019, this will have been transformed into a lively, spacious entry road with parallel streets, a central water feature and an abundant green landscape.

 

7 flexible and inter-connectable units of 4,000 m2 give tenants their optimum choice and flexibility. The warehouse space can be combined with the mixed use space, thus creating for example a showroom, test area, production facility or office. This makes the project attractive for a wide range of users, be it logistic, tech or – for example – fashion companies.

 

 

Abc Square is designed by OPL Architecten. In conjunction with Delta and VolkerWessels, they have acquired an impressive track record in designing circular buildings according to the Cradle to Cradle philosophy. Because of this and the modular way of construction, the building  is future-proof and fit for various uses and purposes. In accordance with today’s standards, the building does not require a gas connection as its installations are fully electric. The solar panels on the roof make the building self-sufficient and even provide energy for other buildings at the park.

 

Since approximately 40% of the building has been rented out and ‘Letters of intent’ have been signed for the remaining 60%, Delta has started the development of the second part of Abc Square, measuring approx. 40,000 m2 making it slightly bigger than the first part.

 

Schiphol Trade Park is a development by the Municipality of Haarlemmermeer, Schiphol Real Estate and SADC. The park measures 350 acres and is located right next to the Hoofddorp railway station and close to the A4 highway. Schiphol Area Development Company, SADC, has substantial ambitions in the field of innovation and sustainability. These have resulted in a BREEAM four star certificate for area development. Considerable attention is being paid to the use of green energy, re-use of resources and a sustainable use of water.

 

The project has been acquired by Barings Real Estate, part of Barings LLC, one of the largest diversified real estate investors in the world. Their advisors were European Logistics Real Estate Partners. To date approx. 15,000 m2  has been rented out to OTX Logistics. Van Gool Elburg and Cushman & Wakefield are responsible for the leasing of the remaining units.
Attractive logistics solutions near Schiphol. Flexible, circular logistics buildings.

 

 

Delivery

End of 2019

Partners

Delta Development Group

VolkerWessels Logistics Development

Architect

OPL Architecten

Construction

Systabo BV

Client

Barings Real Estate

Size

Plot A: (under development)

Plot B:

35,000 m2 gfa

2,100 m2 (optional)

352 parking places

Fotogallerij

  • Schiphol Tradepark: Circulaire Logistieke oplossingen
  • Flexibel, productief en gezond. Logistieke duurzame oplossingen.
  • Abc Square, Schiphol tradepark.
  • Abc Square circulair logistiek project bij Schiphol.
  • Excelente Logistieke en Kantoorrruimte op Schiphol Tradepark
  • Multifunctionele, representatieve logistieke panden bij Schiphol